Tuesday, November 8, 2011



......

DID I REALLY WISH TO EXAMINE the bowels of another refrigerator? It's a definite no, Reader Dear, but what could I do? My tenant had to go to work; I couldn't ask her to take a vacation day just to move the contents of her refrigerator from the insulated box where she'd stashed them, to the new fridge being delivered mid-morning.




Yesterday morning I got the call: "Sorry to bother you, but my refrigerator is not working. I ate a yogurt last night, and it was fine. But this morning, I took food out, and it was warm. I guess it died overnight!"









So I took a Sunday morning trip to Lowe's, and... aarrrgh...breathe in, breathe out...try to think only thoughts you would be willing to verbalize in church...I spent a whole entire HOUR there, ordering a fridge for my tenant. I could enumerate all the reasons why it took such an inordinately long amount of time, but...

....but...
....but....
....but...WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THAT?!





The really cool thing is that the new fridge arrived without a hitch this morning--easy out with the old; easy in with the new! It didn't take me much more than five minutes to transfer all the tenant's food items, scooping the ice from her insulated box and putting it in the fridge drawer with the meat.









I was so tickled by that turn of events (er...turnover of fridge), that on a sudden inspiration, I went and took a walk in my park.




Ahhh...breathe in, breath out.

No comments: