Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Thus far, in spite of setbacks,

life has been ongoing.  So we've got...

Day 4:  Have you ever contemplated this, Reader Dear, how the battery of a car can be somewhat quickly jump-started back to normal energy flow, but there is no equivalent with the human body?
There's a reason why this little spark of brain produce popped into my head today.

Climbing into the car with briefcase in hand, ready to head off to an appointment for the signing of a lease, I was met with a major snafu.


My situation necessitated borrowing a vehicle from Dark-haired Daughter.   Post-appointment AAA arrived and provided my auto with a kick in the pants (so to speak).  I headed off to see about getting  a new battery.  Car diagnosis and surgery being what they are, a large chunk of my afternoon was gobbled.  But, hallelujah, the life of my car has been ongoing, too!
..............................................

Day 5:  Dark-haired Daughter, David, and the Itty-Bitty Actor have been living in close proximity to the Yard Man and myself for the past several months.   During this time the Itty-Bitty Actor has been developing his acting skills.




In the course of time, he has made strides (though one might call it simply steps, if one were inclined to downplay the accomplishment)!  Though I have produced no movies with walking roles, I do have these two that crawled into production today!

 



................................
Day 6: Last week when I had my final re-hab session, all of my offspring (save one) came to celebrate the occasion with me (at the small cafe down the hall from the fitness center)!

There was an exciting fountain coin-toss following lunch.


But then, as day followed day (with nights interspersed, as per the usual) I started to realize that it was imperative I make other arrangements for routine exercise routines.  I went to investigate what would be, for me,  the most convenient gym/health club to patronize.  I got the grand tour!  I got an hour and a half of top-level persuasive talk to obtain a membership without delay!
I could use all the equipment!  I could attend (an extensive array of) classes!  I could use the pool! I could get massages, use the spa!  I could play pickle-ball!  I could box, for heaven's sake! And more, oh, so much more!




It was overwhelming!
I came home, then drove to my dearly-beloved park.
I walked four loops (one mile).
It made me smile.
.............................................

2 comments:

LTF said...

Eck for big sweaty exercise places!! Buy a machine and put it in the cottage. Make your own torture chamber!!

KTdid said...

Haha. But, LTF, when you come to see me I could get you a guest pass and we could play pickleball! Pickleball! (I had never even heard of it before! It conjured up some pretty strange images)