Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Day Before Labor Day Laboring

Upon leaving my Art Festival Sunday evening,   I stopped by the home of two of my diminutive actors (Little Actor, Tiny Actor).  Visiting these two was a third one, Small Actor.
(I had with me a man these little guys all call "Poppy")  
 Now,  Reader Dear, it was not yet Labor Day; it was only the evening prior to it.  However, Poppy and I found these little ones hard at work!
They were busy pounding rock!
They were laboring away!

Though, here's the thing, Reader Dear:
Their labor appeared to be fun! 
Also, it was totally without pay!
Ergo, I suppose you could say that their work was mere play!

 
Which brings up a question:  
Where is the line between work and play?
Would they still have fun if they had to do it every day?

 

Later on, as darkness set in, First Son-in-Law treated everyone to a back yard fire, and there were roasted marshmallows for all.  The actors were quite happy to quit their playful labor (laborious play) and enjoy this pre-Labor Day treat!



No comments: