Friday, September 8, 2017

Here's An Olio

I'll confess, Dear Reader,  that I'm just trying to tidy up my scraps and snippets of summer before the leaves are falling with a fury from the trees,
and the winds are more than just a warm pleasant breeze.

Here's a recent morning at my nearest grocery store:
Please understand, this store has got  much more to offer than simply groceries!
(There's a large playground)
This big spider web that two of my little actors enjoyed got me to thinking.  Suppose it were to be labeled a World Wide Web.  Prior to taking office, world leaders would spend at least an hour of time jumping and crawling with two or three (or more) other world leaders.*






..............................................................
Now we've got the same grocery store.
The same morning.

My Itty-Bitty Actor.                         




................................................................
Next, a vignette of the Small Actor and Paw Nelson, the cat.
I'm not sure which of the two found greater enjoyment in this activity.


............................................
Lastly,  there's this turtledove that I discovered a few days ago, sitting perfectly still on the balcony railing.  Is she dead!? I wondered.  I walked right up to her and she didn't blink an eye.

"Are you dead?!" I asked.  She blinked an eye.

But I inched closer and closer and she didn't fly.  Then I was in a quandary:  Should I just leave her alone and trust she could fly away if she wished; or should I assume she could not fly and needed some type of rescue?

Because the Yard Man was home at the time, I thought I'd give him an opportunity to be Super Man, if a heroic rescue were needed.
 He didn't have a cape to put on when I ran downstairs and found him, but he did agree to come take a look at the poor creature.

As the two of us walked onto the balcony, she left the railing and fluttered to the porch below.   She appeared to be using her wings as a parachute, so I rushed down to the porch (I was willing to be the hero if it were just a matter of Paw Nelson vs. Turtledove.)

The short ending--she flew under a shrub.  When I tried to find her, she took to flight, and even though she was flying close to the ground, she managed to fly off to a far away spot where I could no longer be responsible for her safety and well-being.  I wished her well.
(Sorry, Reader Dear, I have no further news on her.)
....................................



*It would be a requirement.  No choosing of fellow web-crawlers.  Names would be drawn at random. 



No comments: