Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Reader Dear, I'd like to


Q you in to something.  This post is somewhat of a patchwork quilt (metaphorically speaking).  It might cover the bed (or at least it might cover the past ten days).

Day 1: The weight of checking in to the Cardio Fitness Center three times a week has been lifted!  I have done my final warm-up and cool-down (kindergarten-like activity) and lifted my final weights at this place (not to mention the pushing, pulling, treading, rowing, squatting, and biking, which has now come to an end)!




As tradition goes at the fitness center, when one has completed the entire course of re-hab, one gets to "ring the bell".  Everyone applauds.
(Did I already mention kindergarten, Reader Dear?!)

I rang the bell.
..........................

Day 2: Gerry's Pig Roast!  It was the 36th Annual time to eat pig and fellowship at Gerry's house!
Once again it was delightful!  Once again I thanked the pig*

 
*Yes, of course, I thanked Gerry, too!

 









I said a thank-you, as well, to this couple  who shared their secret to authentic Asian stir-fried rice.



I believe just a few more annual pig-eating parties at Gerry's house and the Yard Man and I will be friends with all of the other (hundreds of**) guests!
**That Gerry is a generous guy!
......................................

Day 3:  I know you were not born yesterday, Dear Reader, but even so I feel I must tell you there are times when unexpected unpleasantness upsets a previously unmarred day!


Because, here's the thing, Dear One--Did you ever find yourself with no car keys and mysteriously locked out of your car, a car that is programmed not to lock when the keys are within?! Did you consequently trace your footsteps back to the very restaurant where you enjoyed the food and fellowship with friends a mere hour ago?  Did you seek assistance with searching under the table for your missing keys (since you, alas, were certain they could not be in the car!)?













Did you then return to the shop with the very intelligent sign which you and your companion had visited en route to your car?

Did you empty your purse and pockets three times?

Did you search the sidewalks?

Did you wring your hands because you recently lost the backup keys to this car, you've got only one set!?

Did you call AAA?

If you answered in the affirmative to all that I asked, Reader Dear, then you know that at times unpleasantness can evaporate at the drop of a hat (or the unlikely discovery of keys in the car)!

(Other days to follow***
***In the happy event that life goes on, Reader Dear)
.........................................

No comments: