Wednesday, December 1, 2010

...



TODAY STARTED OUT WILD AND WINDY in the wee hours, then worked its way into a wet and woeful Wednesday morning. When I extricated myself from the beguiling bedcovers, it was at an early hour and solely due to the fact that I had a rental unit to unlock for a workman. I confess I groaned and garumphed as though this little chore involved walking the four-and-a-half miles (in the pouring rain)......with no raincoat. No umbrella. Shoeless. On crutches...

I consoled myself with a vision of scurrying back from the job (in the pouring rain) and squeezing a little more shut-eye into the dark-gray expanse of the morning. A bit more of dreamland, that was the dream.

On the route back to bed, I only needed to make a quick stop at the bank.



Where, at the drive-through window (in the pouring rain), I turned off the car.



Apparently, for good!
The car quietly insisted (in the pouring rain) on holding me hostage without basic functions--like START-UP, and lights and radio and operable windows--until someone brought juice (in the pouring rain)!



And then, when my yard man showed up with the juice (in the pouring rain), he looked at the engine and said, "Now the thing's insisting on doughnuts and coffee!"

















What it really demanded, of course, was a new battery; and getting that battery gobbled up minutes (in the pouring rain) like you wouldn't believe, Reader Dear.

















While I, skulking around the small waiting room of Chet's garage, got to partake of stale digests instead of sweet dreams.


And under the bathroom sink at the unlocked
apartment, a plumber got to deal with the small lake of water and the leaking pipe.



Oh, wet and woeful! Didn't I tell you?!

...
...

1 comment:

jut said...

car troubles...what're ya gonna do?