Sunday, October 1, 2017

Surprise!

I was all set, Reader Dear,  to tell you about a wedding that the Yard Man and I attended a week ago, and then something more current, more exciting, more pertinent to my present situation (uh, that would be ALIVE and BIRTHDAY-PRONE) presented itself as a must-tell event.

It all started with my three children and an invitation that stated (in part) "..Surprise Party!"

Actually, I guess,  it all started those months ago when I took my harrowing journey. "If Mom recovers from this," they said, "we're throwing a very big party!"



Of course, one could insist that it all began some sixty-odd years ago when someone snapped a photo of a girl in a little plaid dress and white sunglasses who grew up to look just like me.

(Aargh,  technically speaking, I suppose it could be said that it really all started with the creation of the world, but I don't care to go back that far, Reader Dear.)


 Whatever the case, my children came up with a date* and a time and a place to throw a Recovery-slash-Birthday Party for me!
Turns out, these three are Recovery-slash-Birthday Party planners extraordinaire!!
*yesterday!









The planners did an admirable job of keeping the party a secret for a good long time.  But I have a nose for sniffing things out, Reader Dear.  Several clues came my way and I chased after them with due diligence, but the cat wasn't truly out of the bag until the Yard Man gave me the scoop.**

**En route to the party, we worked on the scheme he could have used  (ha, the lies!) to get me there.

Even with the knowledge I had, there were still surprises! What a lovely venue!
I had never heard of this place,  REology!  It's an artsy crafty kind of place located in an old brick warehouse.
There are classes held here, and the whole purpose of the art is REnewing, REcycling, REstoring, REcovering, REpurposing...well, you get the idea, do you not, REader Dear?  Hence the name, REology!

Okay, back to the party.
As the Yard Man and I arrive at the spot and are getting out of the car, there I see relatives pulling into the parking lot.  It's the Yard Man's sis and my bro-in-law from Washington state!

 









I'm afraid my eyes are popping out!



As much as I wish to go on, I must take a deep breath.  We'll go in to the party, Reader Dear,  as soon as I can get us there!
(i.e. to be continued)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were the cutest little girl! That photo captures your personality. So glad the surprise party and celebration could be held! I hope there are many more birthdays to celebrate, my friend.

KTdid said...

Thanks you, my dear Anony friend. Wish you could have been here!

Anonymous said...

Would have loved celebrating with you!