Monday, October 2, 2017

Grab My Hand,


Reader Dear, I've got to get us to the party!





This is the party, you'll recall, that had me gasping at the guests!  When I got inside the door, then I was gaping at the room,  and the creativity expressed in every corner (and all the space between)!

Meanwhile, my heart was leaping with delight at each friend and family member I spied!  Here was First Son-in-Law, tending the bar!  And, look...there is (a friend)! And there is (a friend)!  Wow, not only do I know everyone here, they are all very special to me! 
Folks coming to this party continued to arrive.  With each new guest, I was surprised,  delighted!  It was a very unique experience, seeing as how I've never in all these many (many) years of life attended a birthday party (of this size) that was all about this person I call me. Then, too, I've never experienced a Birthday-slash-Recovery party (of any size)!  I have to admit, Dear Reader, it felt a bit strange (please understand, it was only a bit strange [slightly weird in a very good way]!)

Before long, the room was filled.  I was so busy visiting, I hardly had time to taste the tasty hors d'oeuvres.  Servers carried trays of mini-quiches, sushi, polenta with topping, and other fancy bites.  And then there was the sideboard, laden with goodies (I was so distracted; I really can't tell you, Reader Dear, if I sampled everything;  happily, my friends were eating.)

 



I do know that the shimmer over all, the golden haze, the precious treasure in that room was love and friendship!*

*A bit overwrought.
Nonetheless, true.















*Thing II and I, we shared the celebrations!**
**He was my womb-mate, this twin of mine who sadly
could not be here for this party.
..................
(More to come)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

👍