Friday, October 20, 2017

After a twenty-minute drive

out into the countryside, Carlos and Bob and I finally arrived at a sign that announced Bo's Body Shop Reader Dear, I was relieved! And then Carlos banged on Bo's door, and I was delighted to meet the car man himself!

Before attention was turned to the condition of my car, however, there was a lot of joking around to do, and it was clear that Carlos was looking forward to seeing Bo's collection of museum-piece cars, and showing them off to Bob and me!

"This one has its original paint!" he exclaimed about one of them (forgive me, Viewer Dear...I really should have taken notes*).








Carlos asked Bo to uncover one car after another, and I ohhed and ahhed in fascination!  Truly, Reader Dear, it was an interesting glimpse into the past!











There was an interesting glimpse into Bo's past, too.  He brushed aside the kudos when Carlos pointed out piles of award trophies stacked on shelves.  Seems that Bo is a talented snowmobile racer! He showed us a vintage  snowmobile which has served him well for years!


After the interesting tour of cars, Bo took a look at my scraped-up auto.  He did a few minutes of figuring and came up with a (terrific) estimate.  I yes-yes-oh-yessed it, and we made arrangements for bringing the car back after Bo ordered needed parts.

Reader Dear, all's well that ends well, they say.
However, "The end" is yet to be.  Ride the rental car along with me!

.......................................
*Ruing the fact I didn't take more photos, as well.  Those cars were impressive!  Almost all of them were 60s-era vehicles (ergo: great big boat-sized cars! I couldn't imagine driving such an auto.  But, "Buy one!" Carlos urged.  "I'll be your chauffeur!")

No comments: