Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Rainy Days are Always Best

for leaving a beach vacation spot (that's my belief) and we (The Yard Man and I and all of our descendants) were fortunate to have a rainy day as our final one!  It made it so much easier to furiously pack, clean, empty the fridge (while eating a final lunch), wash all the dishes, strip the beds, remake all the beds (as per instructions: "Use the blankets and spreads to remake the beds"), load up the cars, take a final walk-through* (checking all sockets for stray phone chargers).  Take a final photo.
THEN DRIVE AWAY!


                                                              

*Throughout our stay, The Little Actor and I had been keeping a running total of the number of sailboat depictions that we found scattered everywhere in the mansion.  Our first total was 29, but we kept making new discoveries. Once, while we were eating a meal, The Little Actor looked over at the kitchen window and spied a sailboat-shaped  ornament that'd we'd overlooked, hanging from the window blind.
"Hey, that makes thirty-one!" he  yelled excitedly.

We found a few after that; however,  I was certain we'd seen them all by the time I did the final walk-through.  But, ships ahoy, I spotted two more sailboats we hadn't previously counted, painted on a lamp!
I ran to find The Little Actor so he could verify that this upped our grand total to 35!

It gave a nice finale to our stay, making me smile as we sailed away!
 
(Uh, Reader Dear, we were just driving down the rain-wet road in our cars;
but, for the sake of a rhyme,
I'll speak figuratively any old time!)







................................................................................





................................

No comments: