Tuesday, October 31, 2017

BOO!

Reader Dear, what I've got is just a little Halloween Hullabaloo*



Walking home from school, my Little Actor, Tiny Actor and me,
oh, the sights we see!


But, wait a minute!  Is that a real pumpkin, that jack o' lantern with its frightful face? 













Ha!  It's a fake!  Not scary!
....................................................................................                                    

As for my Itty-bitty Actor:
It's dress rehearsal time, the little monkey!







...................................................................................

And how about this, Viewer Dear?!  The spirit of Halloween past!
(Itty-bitty Actor's mama, decades ago!)
............................................................................

This morning my tea kettle, which is supposed to dutifully whistle for me, was giving a true Halloween shriek!
Spoooooky!

................................................................................


At the bank, I got to the door and realized, alas,  I would have to take off my mask before entering!










................................................................................

Furthermore, after leaving the bank,  I had to slow down for a hearse pulling onto the roadway ahead.  I followed the funeral procession all the way to a nearby graveyard.  Of course, I told myself,  folks are dying every day of the year! All ghosts and goblins and skeletons aside,  just because it's Halloween doesn't mean that, well, death's going to go on vacation.

..............................................................................
When I drove slowly past this shop (following the hearse and the cars filled with mourners), I could hear these pumpkins hollering out to me.  
























I'm not sure what they were saying.

But, here's what I'm going to say:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, Dear Reader Dear! Enjoy your sugar buzz!
.........................................






*Not really any hullabaloo whatsoever,
but I love the word,
and perhaps you do, too!
(Plus, it rhymes with boo)


No comments: