Saturday, August 5, 2017

Here's a List:


1.  My Little Actor is an artist!  Not long ago he had a show at the Pennsylvania School of Art and Design in Lancaster, PA.  I dashed into the city at midday to take in the exhibit.  (And I've got a view of it for you,Viewer Dear!)

The Dung Beetle 

The Artist with his Flamingo painting


When I arrived at the PSAD, the doors had just opened. The place filled up fast with eager patrons! As it turned out, there were other artists also showing their work, but I didn't have much time, so concentrated my attention only on the Little Actor's art.
Papier Mache Dung Beetle


Another small semi-famous artist with fans


Undersea Composition

























I was very impressed!  I would advise you, Viewer Dear, to get yourself some of his work while it's relatively unknown and accessible.






(As I was leaving the show, I assisted The Little Actor and several other artists who were eagerly searching for the cookie display [refreshments!])



.............................................................................................
2.  Cardio Fitness Re-hab:  It's still crowding my Mondays, my Wednesdays and my Fridays.  It's crowding my weeks!

















I've made friends with the staff, however, and grown quite comfortable with the machines.











 It's going to be a real exercise in self-discipline for me when it comes time to put myself into action sans assistants and the apparatus!


...................................................................................................

3. I believe no comment is needed for this photo below.  If you believe otherwise, Viewer Dear, there would be no shame in telling me.

























............................................................................

4.  A few days ago, The Yard Man told me that we were invited to a  post-Horse Progress Days celebratory picnic (the planners and all those who helped with the event were invited).  We went to the picnic yesterday with some friends of ours, Carl and Janet. (Carl helped at HPD on Day Two by transporting handicapped persons via a golf cart.  He kept at it  the whole entire day, not abandoning his job in spite of rain [in torrents] and high wind!)








Yesterday evening, when we got to the spot (the same location where HPD happened), there was a big tent in place, and a large crowd of Amish.  There were two long tables loaded with food.  Once again, I found it difficult to keep my camera stashed!

Just before a line formed for the meal there was an announcement that following the meal, around 8:00 p.m., everyone was to gather in the meadow.  The man in charge told us that it was very important that we all give him our full attention at that time!





The organizers had provided pulled pork and everyone else brought  sides or dessert for the meal.













But the line was long and the appetites hearty, and at the end of that line, the choice of sides was slim.   Reader Dear, it looked pretty certain, however, we would all get dessert!  














Well, then, as everyone finished eating, the young people started up volleyball games.  The rest of the crowd sat at the tables visiting.  The children played on the one piece of playground equipment that still remained from HPD.


(In tiny letters: To Be Continued)
Later, as the time neared 8:00 p.m., most everyone made their way to the open meadow where a circle was forming around the organizer who'd made his announcement earlier.

What important thing did he have to convey to us?! 

Reader Dear,  you know how sorry I am to keep you guessing......



No comments: