Thursday, August 17, 2017

Standing Silently*


It was an impulsive decision (as decisions go), but one that I very ardently stand behind.  When I heard, yesterday,  about the Silent Protest to be held at the local office of Republican Congressional Representative, Lloyd Smucker,  I immediately determined that I would take part.

This politician endorses the current leader of the country.

Simply put, Reader Dear, I do not.

(Perhaps I should offer a bit more detail: I am disturbed by the current leader of our country.  Dare I say it? I am repulsed by his gross incompetency.  His extreme narcissism.  His various crude comments.  His utter disregard for those living in poverty in this country [or any country].  His dishonesty. His values.)



The four hours that I spent at the protest , holding signs and waving to supporters who passed by (as well as one driver shouting obscenities from his truck window) were four hours well spent!

I wasn't able to do much visiting, seeing as how it was a "silent" protest and everyone seemed to be whispering or mouthing words to each other if any communication was necessary.  However, I went ahead and loudly wished, "Happy Birthday!"  to the eleven-year-old in this photo when she informed me that it was a special day. 

(I wished a generally happy day to the sleeping baby and his mother, as well)


Late in the afternoon I was pleased to be joined by the Itty-Bitty Actor for a period of time.  Although he doesn't do a whole lot of standing up, I fully believe that when he gets the chance, he will stand up against hate and bigotry on his own.


*(Or at least semi-silently)

Obviously, Dear Reader, I cannot know the full impact of my participation in this small and silent protest.**
............
**I do know that it produced a tiny up-tick
in my outlook for the future!
..............................................

2 comments:

s said...

Thank you, loves.

KTdid said...

De nada, Amiga Preciosa