Tuesday, August 22, 2017

This is not an eclipse

of the eclipse.  No, no, Viewer Dear, the eclipse is the main focus!
A few weeks ago I happened to spot the paper glasses at the Lowe's store.
Great idea! I'll get some! I thought.






























And I did.

The Little Actor, Tiny Actor and Itty-bitty Actor all attended my viewing event yesterday.  All of them acted enthused!

"It's a once-in-a-lifetime event!" the media had been proclaiming.


However, I'm informing you, Dear Reader, it's possible to see more than one solar eclipse in a lifetime!
Er, how do I know this view is correct?

The year could have been 1970.  A solar eclipse could have been expected to occur on March 7.  A college student in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia could have decided to join a few of her classmates and travel to a spot a few hours south where the "total" experience was expected to occur.  She could have gone, and it could have been a singularly fascinating and memorable experience for her!   She could have watched the sky go from full sunlight to dusk to darkness.  She could have heard the birds twittering their night songs in the trees.  She could  have seen all car traffic needing to utilize their headlights in the middle of the day.   (Best of all [in my opinion] Dear Reader, she could have heard a rooster crowing as the sunlight returned!])

Now, it follows, she'd be having a SECOND-in-a-lifetime view!*
 * You know it's true.





No comments: