Monday, June 8, 2015

I'M STILL REMEMBERING MAY...

Midway through the month there was a birth.  The Yard Man was a proud Horse Man!  He named the colt Simon, and passed out photos.

.......................................
And, there was a death.  The Yard Man and I attended the memorial service for an old friend of his.  Jerry was a man well-loved by many.  He died an untimely death as a result of early-onset Alzheimer's.   It was a sad occasion, a beautiful service.  I had much to ponder, Reader Dear, as I listened to the pastor give his end-of-life words of comfort.
............................

The public library held their annual book sale in May.  
When First Daughter suggested that we attend together, I happily agreed.  "But I'm not buying any books," I reasoned to myself, "since I've already got enough books to build a towering monument to 'This-Book-is-Only-Two-Dollars-Why-Not-Buy-it?'!"


(My monument now towers twelve books higher.  In spite of the fact that it's a charitable cause, and all of these tomes are recycled, next year, Dear Reader, I'm building my monument to The Joys of Self-Restraint)

.........................

There was at least one lovely evening at the park during the month of May.   Every actor acted as though life was simply made for lovely evenings at the park!




.............







I must move along to June, Reader Dear.
It has a way of always following May, and I've discovered there is never any stopping to catch up.
.......................................




No comments: