Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I MAKE FREQUENT TRIPS

to the Re-Uzit Shop (the name, I'm assuming, is self-explanatory; a place to recycle your just-barely-able-to-part-with-and-let-us-hope-desirable-to-others items).  The area for unloading donations is at the back of the store, and to get to the front of the store, one must walk the length of a bricked-in walkway between two buildings.  This area often serves as a gathering spot for young folks just whiling away time. 

  The other day, after I had carted my no-longer-worn shoes, already-read magazines, wooden picture frame, no-longer-needed Tupperware containers, old lamp...[I'm not going to embarrass myself with the whole list, Reader Dear; surely you get the idea]...into the back of the shop, I reminded myself that donating is only half of the equation. After all, if folks were to only donate and never shop, it would be the demise of these charitable organizations! 

As luck would have it, on my way to the front of the store, I chanced to take in a spontaneous dance performance.  At the end of his routine, I asked this not-yet-famous young man if he would give me an encore for the camera.
He obliged.
And, now, Viewer Dear, as a strictly charitable donation, I'm recycling my viewing experience just for you!
...... 
......

No comments: