Saturday, May 31, 2014

IT'S NOT EVERY DAY

one gets to make the acquaintance of a distinguished little gentleman while he is still waiting to celebrate one half-day of living!  But I had that privilege today.

In my visit with Jericho*, I so wanted to impart some profound bit of knowledge that he would find useful throughout his life, something that would stick with him until at least the coming turn of the century.  But I was so awed by his youthfulness!  There I was, simply gazing into his eyes and babbling over how handsome and precious and tiny and adorable!

It didn't really matter.  By the look on his face, I could tell he was already wise beyond his hours!







****
 *This dear little guy has single-handedly transformed
two generations of friends of The Yard Man and me.
(Just like that--he morphed four people into a new mom and dad, a new
grandma and grandpa!)





No comments: