Tuesday, May 29, 2012

......
......

MEMORIAL DAY! It was nearly hot enough to fry an egg on the porch (and I'm talking about cracking that thing right onto the slate of the porch floor, Reader Dear!) and yet my yard man and I waited until the sun was at its zenith yesterday to go and stroll around the gardens (the really big gardens of our friend Pierre).

While we sat in the shade, praying for a little breeze and waiting for the fountain display, we could close our eyes and imagine we were in India, Russia, China...or Japan. Even Italy (assuming our interpretation of the accents were not too far off the mark). What I'm saying is that there was a very international group of visitors populating the park, prompting me to imagine that the yard man and I were jetting around the globe. (Aha! I thought, Mr. DuPont, in spite of his vast wealth, never had the opportunity to do such a thing [Now you know, Reader Dear, I'm talking about actually jetting around the globe; there's not a doubt he had an imagination, what with these fine and beautiful gardens he left for posterity!])



"Let's find some fountains where we can get close enough to cool off," suggested my yard man.
And we did just that.



That yard man walked over to the lower row of little spiking fountains and leaned in for some splash-able water. OH! Dear Reader, he so nearly lost his balance and got a real soaking, and I so nearly rolled on the ground with laughter, and you so nearly would be ruing the fact that I do not have a video to show you! (Ahem, well, at least it's for certain I'D be ruing!)



So then we continued on to another water extravaganza.
Here, however, we felt the burden of maturity, constrained as we were by the sign declaring No romping in these fountains. Once again my imagination came into play (since I didn't), making me pleasantly cool just by watching (The cool breeze across the fountain may have helped just a tad)!



On the other hand, my imagination concerning this unexpected reptile was not so pleasant!





(What good fortune, that experience was offset by the friendly amphibians we came upon next. They willingly sang for us! [Oingo Boingo's Nothing to Fear, I believe it was. (Because of their accent, Viewer Dear, I can't be sure)]!
















For sure, however, I fear there's more to tell, Reader Dear, about
the heat and Pierre and...oh, and the flowers! The trees!

(What I mean to say is: To Be Cont'd)
......

No comments: