Friday, May 11, 2012

.....
IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN A WEEK! Last Saturday night
my yard man and I went out to eat with Al and Priscilla, Dan and Anna. We went to one of those high-holy temples of food where quantity is even more exciting than quality. As buffets go, Dear Reader, this one was perfectly acceptable; there's a chance I would rate it on the higher side of average (based on my admittedly scant experience with smorgasbords). But the whole idea of an All-You-Can-Eat elaborate display of food (or at least what I've always felt to be the point) is eating great gobs of the edibles--appetizer; three kinds of bread; salad with all the fixin's; this-that-and-the-other entree--seafood, steak, chicken, pork; dessert not once but twice! A groan or two, a tiny stifled burp, and then go back for more!

That's why I was surprised when Dan informed me that he and Anna had read the book Eat to Live, and now they were eating only vegetables and fruits, eschewing meats and breads and everything with added sugars. "Wonderful!" I exclaimed. "There goes ninety-five percent of your options!"


"Yes," Dan agreed.

We all went to load up our plates for Round One, and when we met back at our table, he and Anna had dishes filled with salad, and vegetables on the side. Round Two was vegetables, with salad on the side. When we went for dessert, they got fruit.

I tried to emulate their way of eating, but...oh...mmm ...all the sugar-laden options (well, and seafood, I guessed I had to have some seafood)!

After our evening together, we dropped Dan and Anna off at their house. Dan disappeared inside and came back with a copy of Eat to Live."Here," he said. "I've got extras. You need to read this!"

....




It wasn't even a week ago, Dear Reader! Now every night I'm washing salad greens, chopping vegetables, wracking my brain for little ways to cheat at this food game (and make my yard man happy).















It hasn't even been a week,Reader Dear, and already (I have this feeling) I'm growing rabbit ears!
......
......

4 comments:

Cindy Layman Crewe said...

Looks good to me Kathy. When are YOU going to take this on circuit? I always respond better when I see everything first hand. ***
I enjoy your writing style: descriptive, entertaining and informative. YOU have got IT !!!
Maybe we all will have rabbit ears eventually!!!

LTF said...

The front of the book says something about losing weight. You wouldn't dare!!You will blow away...using your new bunny ears to steer thru the winds,,,!!

KTdid said...

Cindy, Thanks! I love the thought of EVERYONE growing rabbit ears! How amusing. No one could have a serious conversation!

KTdid said...

Oh, dear LTF--we haven't had a tornado up here for quite some time!
But yes, Dan (who recommended the book) has lost a lot of weight. And the explanation of the way in which the whole country got off-track is amazing!