Saturday, May 5, 2012

........

OOPS. I WAS ALL SET TO get the yard man and myself out of Cape May, and then we decided to spend one more night. We found a motel and asked about a room. "We've got one on the ground floor," we were told by the woman at the desk.
Now right away, Reader Dear, I turned up my nose. The ground floor windows looked right out at.....the parking lot! Ugh!
"Do you have anything at all on a higher floor?"
I asked.
"Well," she said..."We've got a Murphy bed on the fourth floor. It's a really tiny room, but it's on the end looking over the ocean."
"Murphy's bed? We can sleep in Murphy's bed?!" I crowed. "Oh, yes! We'll take it!!"
The funny thing is, Dear Reader, they let us sleep in that tiny room with the pull-down bed for twenty dollars less than the bigger room with two big beds, and that cozy little room made me twice as happy!





A thunderstorm rolled through in the middle of the night. The bed was not plush. But it tickled me immensely to sleep in a bed with a personal name. And when I opened my eyes at three a.m., there was the ocean!

(I've slept in a Murphy bed very few times in my life, Reader Dear. [In fact, I don't recall the last time!] How about you?)






The yard man and I, we folded up our Cape May vacation when we folded up that bed!*




*Ate a quick motel breakfast
and hightailed it for home**









**via Philadelphia***
***proving that this time we left Cape May****
****though it would've been great to stay*****
*****at least one more day!

No comments: