Sunday, June 19, 2011

......

THIS MAY BE THE STRAW, DEAR READER. I'm sincerely hoping it is not. But there is a distinct possibility that it is: The one, you know, that will break the camel's back.
It remains to be seen.

Late this afternoon my yard man was pulling things from the refrigerator to do some grilling. "Wow," he said, "It's not very cold in there." He was speaking about the depths of the fridge.

"Hmm, I mused, "the freezer's sure been doing its job lately--freezing all the ice cream brick hard. But I didn't notice any change in the fridge." However, I quickly joined him in an investigation and found it to be true--instead of a chilly reception, we were met with what appeared to be lukewarm conditions.

The yard man carried his tray of fixin's out to the grill and carried on with his Father's Day meal preparation. I turned the dial to "colder" and hoped for the best.

















......

No comments: