Sunday, June 12, 2011

......

SCOTTISH-IRISH MUSIC IN THE PARK THIS EVENING...Ahhh, summer is on the way!
Earlier a thunderstorm had rolled through the area,
threatening our chances of enjoying this concert.
But then the weather moved along and it was a
most lovely later, with a swelling moon
in the clearing sky.
Bonhomie abounded.
And drinks. And food.
And young people throwing frisbees,
and dancing to the music.



My Yard Man and I took our young friend Linus
with us (he's visiting from Germany; he's fifteen;
he's a handsome lad--I'll show you tomorrow).




At the end of the evening of music, after we'd climbed
into the car to go home, Linus
said, "Aha, lightening!"

"What?" exclaimed the Yard Man and I in unison.
"Did you see lightening?!" We'd just been relishing the clear night sky.

"Yes," said Linus in his endearing accent. "I've got a lightening bug!"



*"We don't have the lightening bugs in Germany," he said.**
........................................................................................

**Hmm, Dear Reader. Did you know that? Neither did I!***

..................................................................
***It gave me a new appreciation for the glowing little
creatures of summer.****

.....................................................
****It gave me renewed appreciation for summer!*****

..................................
*****Ahhh, sweet summer!

...

No comments: