Sunday, June 12, 2011

......

SCOTTISH-IRISH MUSIC IN THE PARK THIS EVENING...Ahhh, summer is on the way!
Earlier a thunderstorm had rolled through the area,
threatening our chances of enjoying this concert.
But then the weather moved along and it was a
most lovely later, with a swelling moon
in the clearing sky.
Bonhomie abounded.
And drinks. And food.
And young people throwing frisbees,
and dancing to the music.

video

My yard man and I took our young friend Linus
with us (he's visiting from Germany; he's fifteen;
he's a handsome lad--I'll show you tomorrow).


video

At the end of the evening of music, after we'd climbed
into the car to go home, Linus
said, "Aha, lightening!"

"What?" exclaimed the yard man and I in unison.
"Did you see lightening?!" We'd just been relishing the clear night sky.

"Yes," said Linus in his endearing accent. "I've got a lightening bug!"

video

*"We don't have the lightening bugs in Germany," he said.**
........................................................................................

**Hmm, Dear Reader. Did you know that? Neither did I!***

..................................................................
***It gave me a new appreciation for the glowing little
creatures of summer.****

.....................................................
****It gave me renewed appreciation for summer!*****

..................................
*****Ahhh, sweet summer!

...

No comments: