Sunday, May 15, 2011

....
....

......


I MANAGED TO HANG ONTO MY PANTS! Uh, plants, plants! That's what I meant to say--my plants! I kept those little sprouted seeds striving and thriving and reaching for the sun during those long winter months they resided on various windowsills of my house.

Then today, (in reality, last Monday)** being such a good-incubation day, I took that box of veggie babes and I planted them in my small herb bed. I was horrified (or something approaching it) to see a weed babe nestled in there alongside one sprout, and I cast it into outer darkness (pulled it from the dirt, anyway). I also threw out the unnamed twig, but planted the berry bush (though it appears to be ill-destined; likely it was just eking by in its plastic bag, surviving on water and sun alone).


They seemed so vulnerable--my wee tomato plants and basil and parsley. I was a little nervous to leave them alone in the great wide world. But I talked to them in an encouraging way and explained that I owe my very life to plants of their kind.












I'll do my very best to keep giving them words of encouragement (and yes, water too, if the heavens don't open).

And I'll do my best to keep you updated, Dear Reader, just in case you have a smidgen of interest. After all, I know for a fact that you, too, owe your very life to plants such as these!*






*Yes, well. Eggs, milk, chicken, pork.... One could go quite a ways, I suppose.
But what would life be, Reader Dear, without salads
and succotash and celery and such?
.........

**Alas, Reader Dear, the life of a blogger can be quite frustrating at times: this post needed to be painstakingly recreated, due to calamities of the blogging sort. (Blogger.com stole it away on May 9. They promised to give it back, but I have no faith.)


......

No comments: