Saturday, May 14, 2011

......



"BUT IT'S RAINING!" That's what I told my yard man when he said, "I've got to go out and cut the grass." Dear Reader, it's a fine, gentle precipitation, but it's definitely raining.


Two days ago, when I was at the cardiologist's office, I solemnly promised the doc that I'd exercise.






"Oh, yes," I said. "Diet and exercise-- just give me three months! I looked at the pictures on the chart, of the robust heart and its healthy little tri-cuspid valves, and I swore to myself that nothing would stop me--every single day I'd march out the door and walk. Not just any old walk, but one that is long and brisk. And not just days with clear skies. Rain or shine, I told myself, rain or shine! Why else were umbrellas invented!?

Yesterday the sun shone. I took a walk.

And then I got up this morning and the day was a very dense gray. Whoosh! Resolve was so quick to leave, I hardly knew it had been there.














All day I've been holed up inside.
That yard man of mine is getting wet in the rain, but not me!

......

No comments: