Wednesday, February 24, 2010

...



THE MIRACULOUS MIRACLE! THE SET OF happy happenings! That's right--utterly by accident, while meandering around in blogland, retracing a trail I'd been on repeatedly, I stumbled across my toolbar. I was very pleased to toss away the monkey wrench, along with the botheration, the pain in the neck, and pictureless posts.


Now that I'm back...where was I? I'm scrambling to find that set (Uh...the one I set by), that mid-February Hodgepodge:


There was the Valentine's Day breakfast plate...
The Valentine excursion (dress-up on a Saturday afternoon and hurry) to hear the symphony, which yielded this puzzling view of the theater lobby, rushing in the door...


And at the ticket window, Oh, sorry, the Mozart concert is next weekend! which leads to these photos--representing a rather delightful plan B:

involving an afternoon at the books-and-music store, a cozy dinner at a bar (my valentine and I never gave any forethought to the crowded situation at all dining establishments on Valentine's Eve; thus we considered it good fortune to get seats together, never mind the bonuses: pink lights around our waitperson's neck, Olympic pictures on two screens, and a full-course dinner with enough food carted home to enjoy the next day as a Valentine lunch).


After which we re-traced our steps, arriving at the theater again just in time for the currently-running play.


And then... well, we already had those tickets for the symphony, don't you know (the last two seats in the house when my valentine had called to reserve), meaning (I believe you've already guessed it, Dear Reader) we also got to go back the very next Saturday and hear the symphony orchestra play Mozart.

Ah, and my bootleg photo shows them--the musicians--all dressed in their costumes and powdered wigs...
(okay, not powdered; likely ordered in bulk from wigs-R-us, but still a nice touch).




We had one more dinner on bar stools, a week past Valentine's Day. Perhaps we'll make reservations on future Saturday evenings out; then again, we're kind of getting the hang of having our meals a step up from the crowd. We're likely to go on our hit-or-miss way, but possibly taking a little more care to check event dates...


...
at least for a month or two.









(Oh, there's more to the backlog...that's right, more out-dated photos to come.)



...

No comments: