Thursday, February 18, 2010

...

I'D JUST TURNED OFF THE TV SET AND SET ASIDE some time, Dear Reader, to compose a new post; I was all set to set about showing you the set of photos I'd set by for future sharing. Of course, I had my mind set on setting down the details with a story--setting the stage for each picture as is my set habit. But here's where the major setback occurred, where the set-up went sadly awry: The set of tools in my toolbar had hopelessly vanished! (I set free a stream of words that I dare not share,oh, shameful admittance.) I had set too much store by these tools, I now plainly see! I had my heart set on using them always...and effortlessly. Sure, I might possibly limp along without using italics, but set aside the use of my pictures? Oh, never!

With the laptop set before me for an exceedingly long time (far more than enough to set my teeth on edge, I can tell you, Dear Reader), it began to be clear I'd been set up for disappointment; I had set my sights on a goal I could not now attain...unless, somehow, oh happy thought...perhaps I could follow a set of directions that would set me back into the business of blogging with a toolbar!

So I set to with a will; set my eyes on the prize; set my hand to the plow, if you will. If someone online could set me straight, could set forth an easily-followed set of instructions, I could once again set up my photos! I had my heart set on setting in motion a series of (keyboard) actions that would re-set my toolbar, and nothing was going to set me off-course.

The sky long since was set with stars as I frittered away more hours(by now, quite possibly the moon had set as I searched for a site where the tools were set out for regaining a toolbar). But, alas, woe was me...I think I'd set too much store by this wishful plan. My countenance was set in a mournful frown. There was nothing to do, simply nothing to do, but set off on another course!

So I set down my picture-less dilemma for the night, and I simply set sail on a sea of restful slumber--where invariably most troubles are set adrift.



Epilogue: Since that time, I'm awaiting a marvelous miracle, a set of happy happenings, by which I'll regain my toolbar (my italics! my photos! my video clips!) And after that happens, why...I'll be ready, I'll be set, I'll be posting with pictures again!) Are you set, Dear Reader?



...

No comments: