Thursday, February 11, 2010

...



THE BEATLES SANG IT FIRST: "Here Comes the Sun! Doo dah doo doo...and I say: It's all right!!" (exclamation points mine). I can't tell you, Dear Reader, how delighted I was to open my eyes this morning and see that big cheery melting machine popping up over the horizon.



I looked around right away to see how things were. Had anybody pulled back a corner of the white blanket we'd left everything snugly wrapped in last night? Hmm.













I scurried to the front window, camera in hand,
to check on the road situation, and--


what a charming coincidence--I was so tickled to snap a picture of another picture-snapper!

I, myself, had no desire to trot around the chilly outdoors at this hour. My preference involved a white blanket, it's true, but nothing colder than a few quick steps across a bare floor.

By the time I climbed out of bed for the second time, my mouse-trap-emptying, kitchen faucet-replacing, oven-bake-element-installing, snow-shoveling (uh-huh, all of this within the past week--I keep him so busy!) yard man had a wonderfully unwrapped gift to present to me.



I neglected to make a record of the unwrapped car, but that's because I was off to a doctor's appointment--early afternoon. When I called ahead to ensure I wouldn't arrive at an empty office building, the answering service responded, "Your appointment's at 1:00? They will be there at 1:00!"

Wow, they're showing up just in time! I had ended the little debate with myself about the wisdom of traversing roads mostly populated (I presumed) by four-wheel drive vehicles and snowplows, and now I was hoping I'd be there in time, too. Allowing more than double the minutes I'd ordinarily need for the seven-mile drive, I pulled nervously onto the snowy road.

I'm inching along. I'll have to continue this tomorrow, Dear Reader.

(Speaking of tomorrow, I'm singing it again:
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes.
I see the ice is slowly melting!)




...

No comments: