Saturday, September 19, 2015

ONCE AGAIN THE INVITATION CAME

from my generous friend Gerry:  Help me eat this pig!* (I paraphrase)
Reader Dear, it's always rain or shine for Gerry's Pig Roast.
And this year it rained!
All day there was one cloudburst after another, until it was time for The Yard Man and me to get into the car to set out for Gerry's house.
And then the rain slowed to a sprinkle.
By the time we arrived at the party, the rain had stopped; but Gerry's lawn leading back to the parking spot was a muddy mess. In fact, the  big attraction was a van whose wheels were spinning in the mud.
Happily for Gerry and all his throng of friends, a couple of guys managed to get the van unstuck, the rain stayed away, and this year's pig (once again) was a sweet swine delight!
I





This year, I didn't think to thank the pig until I was leaving.  He rolled his (fake) eyes at me.
.........................................
*Thanks, Gerry!

No comments: