Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I WAS BORN

beside a river.
Well, Reader Dear, my mother didn't exactly give birth to me on a riverbank.
But I did take my very first breath at the Riverside Hospital.  The James River was running along nearby as I set about squalling.*
So I couldn't help but perk up and take note when this singer claimed the same experience!
......
(At these performances in the park, one never knows what kind of shows might accompany the music.  One must not be too surprised [and tickled, as the case may be, when viewing camera footage long after the last notes of the concert have faded away], to realize one captured that couple [entangled upon the ground throughout the evening] just as they rose up to don clothing!)
......
*And the Warwick flowed past the door of my childhood.
 Oh, that river.




No comments: