Saturday, August 25, 2012

......

WHAT I'VE GOT, DEAR READER, IS an unpleasant case of ennui. It has tied my hands and bound and gagged me with meticulous knots. Never let it be said, however, I'm not thinking of you, Reader Dear! Lest you be blown away by the dust bowl storms of my arid lack of inspiration, I'm posting a struggle I witnessed today on my kitchen porch.

At first glance, it looked like a baby hummingbird jumping and whirling there in the spider web, making such a valiant effort to break free. Then I realized (or so I think) that it was a rather large locust. (If you can advise me otherwise, oh I beg of you, please do!)



(Because I had a phone to my ear while filming, the video clip is vertically challenged. [In other words, I held my camera up on end, tsk tsk] If you will simply crane your head severely to the left, Viewer Dear, things will be put to right [Alas, not for the poor locust, however, who later succumbed].)

It was a sight, Dear Viewer, that made me thank my lucky stars that I was the critter saying, "Oh, you poor thing! Here I thought it was me that was stuck!" (and not vice versa).

Oh, yes, indeed, it's all in one's perspective.
......




No comments: