Monday, August 15, 2011

......

AND IT FOLLOWS...that when I drift off to sleep tonight, I'll be ruing the fact that (due to various and multi-faceted concerns, commitments and calls of duty*) you, Reader Dear, alas, will find nothing but this small blurb as a promised post.

......
*My car has been mischievously (or perhaps maliciously) misbehaving.
When the yard man and I set out this past weekend for a reunion with his aunts, uncles and cousins a two-hour drive away, he threw his jumper cables in the trunk, just in case.
*My malingering cell phone is useless.
*My hair is in dire need of truncation.
*My ex-tenants are eagerly, by now perhaps desperately, awaiting return of security deposits.
*My cherry-tomato plant is stooped to the ground, awaiting relief of its burden of fruit.
*My list goes on and on...
......

No comments: