Thursday, June 13, 2019

Final Parts of Final Episode of First (and Final)

Season of the show:  MEMORIAL DAY PICNIC

You're about to see Episode Two--ENTERTAINMENT
Part 4--Song and Dance

Please do not rouse your hopes of seeing any actual dancing, Viewer Dear.  I'm naming all the kicking of the soccer ball, and jumping and chasing of balloons, and jumping and running for any reason, "dancing".  Allow me this, Reader Dear, and know that I'd have made some music happen and asked my little actors to dance had I but thought of it even once!  As it was, however, the attendees of this picnic had plenty of entertainment.

Here's the song, performed by my Itty-Bitty Actor:

Episode Two--ENTERTAINMENT
Part 5--Games



Alas, I'm unable to show you the interesting card game that lasted a few rounds between the FOOD Episode and the Naming Contest. I'm unable to even give you the name of the game, which was carried in by the Little Actor, Tiny Actor and their caretakers (compliments of the local library).  It was basically a word game.   I enjoyed it, and, were it not for the fact that at least four people (two teams) are needed to play the game, I'd be heading off to the library myself to check it out.*-**-***

*Well, that, and the fact that my Horse Man is not thrilled with word games.  Or guessing games, team games, card games. He much prefers singing and rides (oh, those horse rides!)

**Ahem, and of course I cannot just leap into my car and "head off to the library" right now with no valid driver's license.

***I no longer even possess a valid library card (I shamefully confess).

Back to the Memorial Day Picnic.  Just as the evening shadows were beginning to encroach, and all the caretakers of my small actors were beginning to gather their lawn chairs, and their odds and ends of leftovers, and their games, and their excessive paraphernalia, and prepare to head for home, the Memorial Day Picnic was wrapped up royally by the final bursting of the final Rocket Balloon!

Now, I'm looking forward, Reader Dear, to the grand Grandma's-Got-Her-Driver's-License-(Back) Picnic (see previous post for details) and I'm making every effort to stock up on Rocket Balloons!

*******************

No comments: