Friday, June 21, 2019

We've Now Started







on the race through summer!



I thought I was going to drop some of the "Notes", but, well...
I couldn't quite let it be.

June 8, 2019
Long's Park
Corty Brown Band
"A Celebration of the Beatles...Post White Album"


Well, yeah.  Mother Mary.
 Let It Be always speaks to me.

Can you believe it, HM and I were ready to go right back to the same park the very next  evening for the concluding event in the "Tribute Weekend".

June 9, 2019
Long's Park
7 Bridges: The Ultimate Eagles Experience.

And then I didn't have my phone.  Since I've got no music from the 7 Bridges concert, I'll share a bit from a musical group that I noted on a city sidewalk  on the following Sunday afternoon.  My enjoyment of this group's performance was brief, and the clip I've got to share with you is even more brief, and especially valuable in that I had to scurry after the group in my church-going shoes, fumbling for my phone and taking care not to stumble on the uneven sidewalk.  Were it not for the red light at the corner, their voices would have gone drifting off into the distance (along with their swiftly-moving, robe-wearing bodies)!

June 16, 2019
Heading down King Street
Unknown group

 Take note, Listener Dear, this choir is singing in the Spanish language.  Now, you may sluff off the following fact with a slight harrumph, but it gave me inordinate pleasure. The HM and I and a few of our friends happened to encounter this group immediately upon  exiting a Dominican restaurant (La Cocina) where we'd all eaten meals of Arroz con Pollo y otres comidas with Spanish names. *

*I may have mentioned it before; I'd favor a fortune in flukes**,
**especially the more jaw-dropping sort! 


*******************




No comments: