Monday, June 17, 2019

Dum-de-do, Tra-la-la, Na-na-na

(More Notes)
 
The next set of notes begins with a Friday evening jaunt to the small town of Lititz*, Pennsylvania, where one street was blocked off for a fund-raising festival.  The HM and I enjoyed the food stands and the three musical groups who were performing.  Sadly, I cannot name the musical groups because I was not taking notes (laugh here [or, at the very least, give an amused smile, in honor of the pun).

My lack of recall may also be due to the fact I was not paying close enough attention, which I blame on the golden sunshine  and the balminess of the air and the delicious Paella** and the feeling that...oh, I don't know...I had just gotten one of the Sea Salt and Caramel pieces in life's box of (dark) chocolates!

June 7, 2019
Three Unnamed Musical Groups




























                                         

It could have been the wine, too.

Or, the way the sun shone on the tiny fountain in the tiny park while the HM and I sat quietly on a small bench, watching as though it were a special performance just for us.








None of the music gets a five-star rating in this post.  But, hey,  Viewer Dear, it added to the bonhomie.

Plus, one of the tunes sung by the one group (as the sun provided a priceless backdrop, and the HM and I were heading out) was a song my dear departed father liked to whistle and sing as he went about his work.  It was a lovely and fitting ending to the evening.  And to these notes.




The End
***********************

*Lititz (pronounced Lit-its, emphasis on first syllable please)
was once declared "Coolest Small Town in America".  Who declared it, and whether some other upstart little borough has stepped in to take its place are facts I cannot give you, Reader Dear.  But I do know it's a pretty sweet spot to visit.

**Oh! And, here's the Paella pic.  Wow, a delectable delight!



**********************

No comments: