Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Reader Dear,

you're soon going to be having a fit of your own about all these posts where I mention my little episode.  Nevertheless, here we go:

When I returned from the hospital after the seizure and was bemoaning the fact that I was no longer allowed to drive, my kids chorused, "Mom, just use Uber!"

But then the HM took me away on vacation for two weeks.
And I had lots of kind folks offering rides.
And I hitched rides with the HM a lot.
 I even tried walking (I traveled to the mailbox very often without a car).
As well, I had a great excuse for  just staying home and blogging*.
Reader Dear, I was dragging my feet (if there's a pun, it's intended).

However, I am pleased to announce that this very morning (cue the drum roll) I called for an Uber ride.  (It was in order to get to an appointment at the health center, so I couldn't just shrug my shoulders and decide to stay home [HM had other commitments, so he couldn't be my chauffeur])

Therefore, as I said, I called for a ride.

Milton would be showing up, Uber informed me.

"This is my first-ever Uber ride!" I gleefully told Milton when I climbed into his car.

As it developed, we had a pleasant ride together to the health center.
When I exited the car, I asked.  "May I take your picture?"

Then I added, "I'm not saying I can make you famous, but I'll do my best!"

Ladies and Gentlemen:
I'm pleased to present Milton.  Moved here from NYC to be near family.  Has driven for Uber for four months.  Is a very friendly, likeable guy.  Driver par excellence.*


*Please Please spread the word, Reader Dear.
(If you do your best,  I'll have done mine!)
*******************
Coming home,
David was my driver.
We had a good ride, too.
And I asked for his photo.
But, you see, with David I couldn't offer fame; he's already famous**
**And it's a good thing, as this photographer did such a lousy job with obtaining his pic.
**How wide-spread the fame, I'm not sure.  For myself, at least, I'm well-acquainted with one of his many brothers!






 












*******************
*Oh, you've noticed, Reader Dear?!

No comments: