Thursday, March 7, 2019

High on Light.

And even higher on high temperatures!  Warmth! It had been the goal of the HM to bring me to such.   At last, here we were in the state of Florida. The sun was shining brightly, temperatures in the 80's.

We found the city of Saint Augustine to be  delightful!  How lovely to be in such a spot while a blizzard of snow was blanketing our home state of Pennsylvania!

There was an old Spanish fort to explore:


 Now, when I describe it as "old" Reader Dear, you may be letting your mind take you back to the eighteen-hundreds.  But, hola!* in this case the 1800's would be merely vintage.  This fort was built in the fifteen-hundreds (your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-greats likely weren't on the scene yet, Reader Dear [nor even mine, old as I am]!)

I've got photos.




*********************
There was the sandy oceanside to stroll:
 ( more photos)




***************
When we chose to drive around Anastasia State Park, we spotted a turtle (okay, okay, Dear Reader, you may not find this worthy of a photo essay, but both the HM and I were fascinated.  After we had stopped the car beside the road and began our movie-making, numerous other tourists couldn't resist.  There was soon a small crowd around the turtle.  I feel that the HM and I have exclusive rights to the coverage of this turtle's movements, however**.
**I asked the turtle for her permission.









[She turned her head, which is open to interpretation, but I'm taking it as an affirmative response]).



(Lots of takes were eliminated for lack of action. I'll accept your thanks, Viewer Dear).

**************

So much more of St. Augustine, coming up.
This is only the tip of the iceberg*, so to speak.

**Iceberg, haha.
I reveled in the warmth of St. Augustine!
I luxuriated in it!
I basked in it!
I relished it!
I fancied it!
I ate it up!
I ....have got to stop now, Dear One!

(to be continued)
*hola=Spanish hello 

No comments: