Saturday, April 20, 2013

......

YESTERDAY I TOOK A trip.
You could say it was a trip to China.
But, Reader Dear,  I can see you hesitating; you don't really want to say it, even though you could...so I'll just say it for you.   Actually, this metaphorical stop-over in China was part of a broader journey I took with a friend to the King of Prussia mall in...uh...King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA.  The two of us spent a long time in a store where the Chinese-American shop-owner served us tea.  There were all kinds of interesting items from China and articles of Asian clothing to peruse. And naturally there was tea for sale, as well--many kinds in an expansive array of glass jars.  When the friendly and vivacious seller described this one type of tea, it caused me to leap to attention.  I immediately started off on a time journey that was vastly more fanciful and far-reaching than my little jaunt to China!


I had to go back through all of recorded time!  At the very least, I had to stroll around the Garden of Eden, searching for Adam and Eve (and hoping to find them lolling in the shade with teacups).
This black tea, the woman told us, was the oldest in all of human history!
Think how old, Reader Dear!
(I'll have to admit, its smell kind of verified the fact.)
Other teas--most of them a little newer on the scene--had delightful scents.
In fact I bought a kind that hints at good fortune.
You could say I carried home some Lucky Dragon.
Oh, alright, alright (yes, I'm rolling my eyes)... I'll say it for you, if I must.

......




No comments: