Tuesday, January 11, 2011

...


ONE MORE TINY CHUNK of my past, Reader Dear, then I'll tuck my random yesterdays back into envelopes and try to stick with my todays--each one stepping up to take its place in prompt and orderly fashion . For the time that it takes you to read this post, I'm at a private high school several hours from home. I'm living in a dormitory, and I'm, oh, so young:


Thursday eve.

Dear Padres,


I realize you haven't heard from me for a while so I'll try to make up for it by an especially long letter. First of all I'll have to tell you about something that happened last night. Becky and I got late per. (which means we can have our lights on longer) and so we didn't get to bed until 10:45. Becky went to bed about 15 min.s before I did so she was already asleep when I hit the sack. I had turned the radio to go off by itself. Well, a little later I woke up just in time to see someone crawling in Becky's bed with her. I sat up and stared for a little bit and said "What on earth?" rather sleepily. Nobody said anything so I said it again and both of them were quiet. So I thought "Well, if that's the way you want to be about it!" I tried to figure it out and I figured that the girl (I thought it looked like Mim) had come over for some reason and asked to sleep with Becky or something. So I went to sleep trying to figure out why. At about 1:00 I woke up again and Becky was standing beside my bed saying "I don't know what to do...there's a girl in my bed with me and I don't know who it is!" Now that DID scare me! I said "You don't?" rather shakily and we were both about ready to run out of the room when she raised up in Becky's bed. I said "Hey, you.....Who are you?" very accusingly. She looked up and said "Mim" like she couldn't help it that's who she was. Then we found out that Mim had gotten up to go to the bathroom (in her sleep) and when she came back she stopped one door too soon and came in and got in bed with Becky (B. didn't even wake up) So they slept together for about 1-1/2 hours. Then Becky woke up and felt herself being pushed against the wall by someone in her bed. So she crawled out very carefully and didn't know what to do until I suddenly woke up. Just imagine how scared she was. Anyway, all three of us laughed hysterically...for about a half hour. Then we all went back to our beds and went back to sleep. I don't think Mim's going to hear the end of it for a while.

Our French class is going to have our supper tomorrow evening. I went to grandma's house and she gave me some low vases and some artificial flowers to put in them. (They look pretty good for artificial flowers) Then I got a candle for the wine bottle and some French paintings from my French teacher--so I think it'll look pretty nice in there.


Saturday night they're showing a movie on campus. I'm going to go with (X). He wouldn't be my pick if I could choose but after all I can't be choosy. He was walking beside me on the way to class and he asked me if I was going to see the film and I said I guessed so in a very "how-would-I-know" way. Then later on in the day (R) told me that (X) had told her he was so glad because I had said I would go to the film with him. I said "WHAT?!" and she said Yes, that was what he had said. Later on, he said something else about it and I said "You didn't ask me, you just asked if I was going. He insisted that he had asked me. So then he said "Well, will you?" and I said yes.

I am starting to be very busy (I should have spelled it with capitals) Our term papers are due a week from tomorrow. I know what I'll be doing all day Saturday. Miss Q (Queen of the Campus ((self-elected)) has hers all done--written and typed and all. She's very good-looking and she is the biggest snob on the campus. Only a select few are good enough for her (don't say I'm just jealous because I'm not one of them--Definitely NOT) Well I shouldn't have put this mean little paragraph in, but any way...It's just what I thought of. And, after all, it does take all kinds to make the world go around. I really do have to stop and get to my homework.

Mucho Amor--------------etc.


Your loving daughter



...
Are you all finished reading, Dear Reader?
Because, oh my, I don't care to stay sixteen for very long!

...

No comments: