Thursday, January 6, 2011

...

I WAS IN A BIT OF A FUNK TODAY.
No particular reason.
Lots of trashy little reasons rolled into one--
for example, the way nothing that I clean stays clean forever
(or even long enough to enjoy the fruits of my knuckle-scraping labor, it seems [I require lots of time]):
The kitchen floor and the kitchen sink, that spot in the driveway
where Ms. Chicken roams,
the windshield and floors of the car...
blah, blah, blah...



Then I got in the car (with the newly cleaned mats and the sparkling windshield [the rest of it still filthy on account of the snow that's predicted tomorrow]) and I drove up the road on an errand. The sun was shining brightly, and moments later this sprightly tune hit me full in the face. Before I knew it, the foul mood had dissolved and was trickling away. Wiped clean. I did a spirited back-flip somewhere in my head, and I turned up the car radio. If only, IF ONLY!! I thought (and it was just that emphatic), there'd be a trick like this I could use on the laundry, and the dirty bathroom floors...


...

No comments: