Tuesday, March 30, 2010

...


WELL, DEAR READER, I see that you've stuck around! So I'll show you the sandwich with the Surrey County pork --just because I told you I would. I can't show you how I topped it with coleslaw, gobbled it down and smacked my lips. It was good, yes, indeed, but I realize that, really, you'd have had to be there, eating this superior stuff for yourself--and smacking your lips (you'd have been among family, you know!)



Speaking of family--that's just what I'll do: elaborate on the rest of our short span of time together. Nothing was elaborately planned (that's how we like it, you see). We played word games (they're the kind that most of us enjoy the most). A few more attempts were endured to assemble and arrange ourselves into a presentable mass (now that, we don't take to so well). We tried to record it--with alas, no presentable success.














A lot of creativity was going on too--
what with the piano playing, sketching, and the crafting of an innovative clay rendition of the Little Actor and his parents.

(Being the newest member of this family [before you stepped in, I should hasten to add] the Little Actor played his role as youngest with admirable aplomb.)












Wrapping it up, a lot of great food was eaten, a lot of photos snapped, and there was a little napping (the college guy returned on Sunday morning, but his nighttime snoozing'd been even more scant than that of the Little Actor!)

Early afternoon, a lot of farewells were said.
A big thank-you to the hosts and, Goodbye, goodbye!



(Not sure when the family will next convene.
Any chance you'll have lingered to be part of the scene?)

...

No comments: