Monday, January 19, 2009

...

IT'S ALL RELATIVE (2)

I have something great to tell you about. Well, actually, it is something not just great, but great great. Your mind may leap immediately to the nation's capitol, which is all astir with the momentous happening to take place there tomorrow. And if you would label tomorrow's occasion great great, I wouldn't disagree.

However, the event to which I'm referring took place today. It was in the works for quite a while, but this, the final stage of the endeavor, began early this morning and culminated at 8:25 pm. You'll find nothing of this event mentioned in the national news, but it is certainly earth-shaking for one person and will have a profound effect on several more. Not to mention the many who are bestowed with brand new titles.

It was from my sister Shishe that I received the news--I've been bumped into another tier of ancestry. By virtue of the genetic strands that bind, Shishe's brand new "great" title translates into a "great great" one for me!

Happy Birthday to my newest relative!
Welcome to the world, dear little Lillianna, great grandniece!


...

4 comments:

broncoberry said...

You just cheated the new baby out of an L. LILLIANNA I guess they wanted to use as many letters as they could, to make it all the harder for her to learn to spell her name. And harder (probably never) to find bracelets and barrettes and mugs with her name on.

current typist said...

Congrats! -cp

KTdid said...

My apologies, Lillianna. Thanks to your great-grandma, I've made corrections!

Gail said...

This is the first I've heard about it. Congratulations to all involved! What a beautiful name. gyjb