Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A MYSTERIOUS SIGN

sprang up on the road near my house a few weeks ago.


"Horses Crossing Bridge," it read.

 I proceeded toward the bridge very carefully, looking for horses.  And I wondered, "Who put up this sign?  Aren't orange traffic cones in the middle of the street under the jurisdiction of 'officials'?!"

There were no horses in sight
(no sign of any  'officials', either).

"Hmm," I thought, when I crossed the bridge the following day.  Now there was no sign, no sign of a horse, (and no officials, either)..."Aaargh, I'm never gonna find out what that was all about!" I lamented.

..............................................
But, then!
A few days later, as I was once again approaching the bridge...

        

...there, Viewer Dear, was an Amish neighbor lumbering through the bridge with his load of harvested corn stalks, pulled (of course) by his horses!





Mystery solved! Case closed.
.....................................................

No comments: