Monday, July 13, 2015

READER DEAR

I would like to say, "It's that time of year!" making it sound as though only in mid-July do I have trouble keeping fresh and lively posts appearing on this blog.  (Heck, what I'm talking about-- keeping any kind of story showing up to pique your interest... assuage your curiosity...relieve your boredom...[er, or whatever it is that brings you back, Dear Reader Dear!] is a tough job in July.)

I've been inundated with apartment woes, with which I dare not bore you; and I've been busy trying to wield a club against a viral bug that threatens my good health, keeps it running for the shadows.

Then, too, my camera...alas, I've already whined.

But it's not, of course, as though all of life's sunny moments have tottered off into the dust bin!  I've got a  few cases in point:

Fourth-of-July-slash-birthday party, celebrating a niece of The Yard Man, and featuring lots of fine food, freshly-squeezed limes,* and birthday cake!
Sparklers, too!
 
 *(Mmm-m-m-mojitos concocted by First Son-in-Law)
....................................................

Nelson, the cat,  entertained by two of my little actors.  He sorely misses his cat companion, Winnie, who recently met her demise in an auto accident.

...................................................









And another birthday celebration, this one in honor of Dear First Daughter, and featuring a trip to the bewitching and well-furnished
rooms of the Ikea store.






*Please note, Reader Dear, a Swedish cinnamon bun makes a handsome stand-in for a birthday cake
(However, it is advised that one think ahead, and stash a few candles in one's purse!)


..................................................
Final sunny example:  A raging thunderstorm.*
*Because it's never ho-hum-bland-and-dry and life-as-usual, you know, Reader Dear, when there's jagged light splitting open the sky and there's booming going on!

No comments: