Sunday, April 1, 2012

......

IN HONOR OF APRIL FOOL'S DAY, which was coming right up, I played the fool! I did it quite openly and honestly, with full realization of the unreasonableness of my actions.


Two days ago, Dear Reader, I spent a candy bar's worth of hard-earned money on lottery tickets! A "tax on stupidity" is what my dear old dad would have called it. But I had such a grand time in the ensuing hours throwing cash out the car windows, and feeding the starving masses, and establishing a foundation for the advancement of humor, and surprising all friends and acquaintances (and yes, even a few strangers, Reader Dear!) with gifts of eye-popping value... that I'm still thinking of it as money well-spent, despite the fact those slips of paper have now made a dunce out of me!
......

No comments: