Saturday, July 3, 2010

...



THIS TIME IT'S A SALMAGUNDI! (You have nothing to fear, Dear Reader, but fear itself...it's only an olio, not some reptilian creature. But why am I explaining? Perhaps you already throw this word around a lot at your house--What do you want for dinner tonight? I've got a real salmagundi of leftovers in the fridge, or I'm off to the thrift store--do you want to add your old shoes to this salmagundi I'm donating? [And if you don't, I suggest you give it a try...you'll find so many ways to work it in. (I'm not saying it'll make you more friends, but it will be impressive, no doubt.)]).

So here it is, my hodgepodge, my salmagundi--a whole week's worth:
In which--on Saturday--the Little Actor had a
moving experience (into his new home),
and then a strange and out-of-body one
(I was a witness).



In which--on Sunday--the Little Actor (and a
small group of his next-of-kin [including moi of course]) threw a party for his father.










In which--on Tuesday--the train rolled in.






And--on Thursday--the train rolled out.
My sister spent two days with me.
She reveled in the crowing of the rooster,
and things she never sees in Brooklyn.

















In which--on the day before this one--I dropped in to see how the quads were doing, only to find that their train had also left the station (or...
hmm
, it's quite possible they went by air).





And now, just to add a little hodge to the podge, and throw in something from today: it struck me that the particular piece of kitchen equipment I was using on some crusty loaves of bread I'd just brought home has certainly racked up the years (without once needing service or repair)--I'd guess it's about thirty-three years old and counting.



Wow. I'd say any way you slice it, that's
impressive!





...

No comments: