Sunday, July 4, 2010

...

A NEW SIGN APPEARED a few miles from where I live. I noticed it for the first time today as I dashed to the grocery store for a watermelon I planned to chill and take to the cookout this evening (I had to do an awful lot of rummaging in the fridge to make room for the thing). Thinking that I certainly wouldn't want to forget the date on the sign, I took a picture.


It just so happens that I know someone who was born on 5-20, and I pondered--On her next birthday, should I tell her she should party like there's no tomorrow?

And then I wondered--what time of day is he expected? This being an international event, knowing the exact time would be essential in naming the day.


(Hmm...as you may have suspected, Dear Reader, I put no stock in this datum.)


...

...

No comments: