Sunday, September 13, 2009

...

I HAD TO SAY GOOD-BYE to the OBX.





SO NOW I'M HOME AGAIN. GENTLY LANDING IN THE non-vacation spot after a long drive and darkness falling.

After the adventures of yesterday, which included: walking the sands of Jockey's Ridge, a mini-Sahara with the waters of the Sound at its edge,























eating on Shishe's deck--a big ol' pile of steamed shrimp and a brown grocery bag of crab legs, with a fire burning and Prairie Home Companion on the radio,



throwing gastronomic discipline to the wind and gorging on Rocky Road and Peanut Butter Cup ice cream--I wasn't thrilled to hug my sis and some of my offspring goodbye and head north this morning.









(I'm convinced, however, there are good things
to be said for returning while still able
to fit into ones clothes.)







...

1 comment:

Gail said...

Makes me homesick for the beach!