Sunday, November 2, 2008

THIS IS NOT THE time of year that we associate with new leaves. Au contraire, it's crispy, crunchy, dried-up old leaves that we're watching fall to the ground these days.

But I myself am thinking of a New Leaf...and I have a definite plan for it. As you will see, it is imperative that it be new. One never turns over an old leaf...that is simply not a working proposition. No, no...my endeavor is to turn over a New Leaf.

Simply put...I'm going to go to bed earlier. I'm going to get up earlier.

Today, all wonderfully served atop a pillow, I was presented with ONE EXTRA HOUR. It can't truly be called a gift, as it is the very same hour that was snatched away from us all back in the spring when we corporately took that little jump forward...(when I think of China taking a Great Leap Forward it makes me shudder). But that's okay with me. I'm delighted to pull that hour out of savings and play a little sleight of hand with the clock. Combine that with a few nights' worth of accumulated sleep deprivation and...voila!... an excellent opportunity for a successful New-Leaf-turning!

Don't look for any more late-night postings from me. I intend to be healthy, wealthy and wise from this day forward!
...
Italic

2 comments:

broncoberry said...

Hah, the best intentions of [Katydid] gang oft awry!!
Instead of going to bed at 8 and getting up at 4, I'm now going to bed at 7 and getting up at 3. What can you do at 3 in the morning?
The SQUIRREL

KTdid said...

How true, how true. They have ganged so oft it's pathetic.

3 am? You could set up an internet hotline for insomniacs @ www.nightowl.com. Or www.nodoze.com or www.itsthemiddleofthenightforcryingoutloud.com.