Wednesday, November 26, 2008

...


HERE COMES ANOTHER little jaunt of a few days' duration. This time I'll only be leaving the state, but as for further details, I'll wax eloquent after the fact. Realizing the all-American holiday we have coming up tomorrow, one might reasonably expect this trip to be some variation on "over the river and through the woods,"* an excellent supposition as well as a correct one. No new postings while I ponder my thankfulness for family and friends and cherish the company of the immediate kind.

In the meantime, may all of you, dear readers, have safe journeys and grateful hearts!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!!



*
I know a tune for this poem and I'm wondering, where did I learn it? Do all of you know the tune? Are you thinking, duh, everyone knows that song! Okay, then did you learn it first as a song, or as a poem by Lydia Marie Child?
...

No comments: