Friday, July 26, 2019

Go Down, Moses,

way down in Egypt's land.  Tell ole Pharaoh to let my people go!

Take a guess, Reader Dear, what large and slightly creepy insect I heard before I saw in my yard today.  It was making a squawking noise, and moving rather rapidly over the ground.  My Little Actor and Tiny Actor were right here with me near the insect while their mother (Elder Daughter) was working in the patch of ground she gardens. They were not enamored by the bug.  They did not wish to touch it or even get into close proximity with it.  But my Little Actor did assist me in trying to produce a movie starring the squawking bug.

I got a lot of footage,  poked the green critter,  and even knocked it off the side of a tree.  I was determined to get it to protest verbally.  It refused, of course.  I believe it was trying to avoid me like a plague!                                             

I warned Mr. Locust that, should he choose to stay in our area, he had much bigger worries than simply the Little Actor and I trying to force him to take a speaking role in our movie.
He just went on his silent way!
***********

Life really isn't fair, of course.  Some insects bring delight rather than fear of plagues!  Do you recall, Viewer Dear, our beautiful Vanessa?  Meet several beauties in her extended family; the flashiest ones were all named Tiger Swallowtail and they were having what appeared to be a delightful brunch in Elder Daughter's Zinnia bed.



 *************
And, while the subject is insects:

Elder Daughter relieved her potato plants of Potato Bugs (They likely have a more proper name, but forgive me, Dear Reader, I'm too lazy to research it [yet another insect that gets the rotten end of the stick (or possibly the potato)]).
 






She did her best to facilitate the Circle of Life for these plants and bugs and the Horse Man's clucking fowl.



******





No comments: